Aerolithium Battery Management
System Specifications and Unique Features
* Dual Low Voltage / over discharge protection levels in which load sensors signal activation thresholds for LVC.
First level protection for accidental " master switch-left on "
situations, ensuring reserve power for engine starting.
Jump starting is a thing of the past.
Second Level protection for in flight alternator/generator failure, allowing battery to support your aircraft electrical system with stable power at a constant voltage down to its minimum recoverable charge, thus maximizing flight time on battery power only.
This Safety Feature engages automatically.
* Overcharge / Over voltage Protection from a regulator Failure which may result in excess voltage and current. Aerolithiums heavy duty circuitry needs no external regulator ( crowbar ) assistance. 80V / 200 amps
* Over current protection limits maximum charging current to battery from any size alternator / generator.
* Thermal Protection - automatically adjusts charging and discharging limits per environmental temperature conditions.
* AC Ripple Protection - circuit of coils and capacitors to
filter this out. Smaller engines really need this feature.
* Short Circuit Protection - 2 ms
* Cell Balancing - Smart Float type begins at 3.55 V activated by 0.015ma differential at 40 - 300 ma
* Sleep Mode -
BMS will not drain battery when not in use, < 1 ua
* Mosfet Management Proprietary redundant design equalizes MOSFET impedance preventing overheating under extreme loads.
* Conducted Protection circuitry to abate damage from
Back EMF at the alternator. No other competitors BMS
have this important safety feature.
* Dual Core MCU based system redundancy - monitors cell sensing circuity, sensing wires and thermal sensors against, out of limit variations, and other interference.