Frequently asked questions about replacing 'boat anchor'
lead batteries with a lightweight Lithium aircraft battery.
This section will expand as readers ask more Q's
1. Waterproof, shockproof, etc. Tested to DO - 347?
2. What materials do you use in construction?
- copper for cell connections and terminal post leads.
3. Mount in any position?
4. I've heard old stories about lithium catching on fire?
- Not these type. These are new LiFePO4 type, iron phosphate. No chance of that happening. Very safe, much safer than gasoline.
5. How long will these lithium batteries last compared to lead acid ?
- 5 to 10 years, at least double a lead acid battery
6. My aircraft is certified. what about that ?
These Lithium aircraft batteries are not certified but could be used as a back up emergency starting battery for certified aircraft
Tallahassee Fl 32317
LITHIUM AVIATION BATTERIES